Founded in 1986, SBV Services is a leading provider of cash services and solutions in South Africa. In addition, SBV has expanded its' footprint into other African countries, and is currently operating in Namibia and Lesotho. In total, SBV has over 40 centres, a fleet of more than 800 armoured vehicles and a workforce of over 6 400 people. We provide a suite of customised cash services and solutions to central and commercial banks and the commercial and retail environments.
Accolades and Achievements include:
- Experience the lowest number of industry attacks despite moving the majority of all cash in South Africa.
- Third generation vehicles rated as amongst the best in the World by Armscor and the CSIR.
- SBV was the first company in South Africa to have installed the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) patented Polyurethane Dispensing Unit in its vehicles more than 11 years ago.
- The first company in South Africa to pilot and successfully implement the Shopping Mall Cash Recycling System (in partnership with Liberty Life Properties, Business Against Crime and Standard Bank). SBV has subsequently established its Shopping Mall Cash Recycling solution at various locations in South Africa.
- Consistently maintaining a 98-99% service level rating.
- Played a pivotal role in piloting various industry initiatives including Cash Forecasting and ATM Optimisation.
- Strategic role player in steering committees addressing changes and risks presented to the cash industry (we played an instrumental role in the World Cup Steerco).
- The only company in South Africa to be awarded custodianship of the South African Reserve Bank's Notes Held to Order Vault.
SBV offers custom-designed solutions to businesses in the banking, wholesale and retail sectors:
We partner with any business handling bulk cash and valuables ranging from commercial and central banks to retailers, wholesalers, fuel retailers, government institutions, the hospitality and entertainment industries, shopping malls and municipalities.