We keep money moving.
With over 30 years experience, SBV has an unparalleled track record for service excellence.
We are the only company in South Africa that partners with the South African Reserve Bank to collect all new banknotes and coins for distribution. We work closely with our four shareholding banks and customers – Absa Group Limited, First National Bank, the Standard Bank of South Africa Limited and Nedbank Limited.
We use the latest technology to count and process cash in one of our 33 centres nationwide. We use over 700 armoured vehicles to ensure that cash gets where it needs to be, on time, and with the least possible risk. We work to make the industry safer. We work together as an organisation. We are there for every step of the cash lifecycle.
Our company values
To lead, inspire and channel the passion of our people to keep money safe and ensure that it never stops moving for our customers, our communities and the broader economies we serve.
As your trusted Bank-owned cash partner, we help key stakeholders to manage systemic risk in the financial system through effective, innovative management practices. The difference we make to our stakeholders lies in the hands of our people. People we value, enable and protect. They drive us to:
- Embrace a culture of operational excellence in storing, processing and moving cash;
- Work with our customers to build cost-efficient, high-quality and innovative solutions that create value and respond to evolving business needs; and
- Better the lives of the communities we serve through employee involvement, environmental respect and the advancement of new and renewable technologies
As part of the SBV family, you don’t just make the difference – you feel it.
- We play a critical role as the appointed agent to the shareholder banks to enable cash availability
- We ensure that we meet the cash and security requirements to safely move, store and process items of high value
- We support the Central Bank’s objective to increase cash velocity
- We manage cash risk