Medical Aid and Employee Wellness partners
At SBV we have a number of support services available for our employees.
ICAS COVID-19 Support – call 0800 611 086 toll free
SBV has registered a special project with ICAS for all COVID-19 related counselling and support that is required.
- Professional Counsellors will call the employee and their family
- They will re-enforce the guidelines for COVID-19 prevention
- They will provide guidance on what to do to protect the rest of the family
- They will guide caregivers on how to protect themselves while caring for an infected person.
- They will offer psychosocial assistance and individual telephonic counselling.
ICAS services: Counselling Support
The outbreak of COVID-19 can be stressful. Fear and anxiety about the disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger. Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations and how you respond can depend on various situations however, it is important to remain calm and sensible.
ICAS offers a confidential and professional counselling and support service to all SBV employees 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
This service is available to all employees and their family members that are living with them. This is for all personal matters that are COVID-19 or non COVID-19 related.
Contact ICAS as follows:
- Call Toll Free 0800 611 086 (land and mobile phones)
- Request a call back: *134*905#
- WhatsApp 0076 613 44486
- 0800 301 054
- 800 22021
Deaf Employees please Whatsapp:
- 00 27 661 344486
Please call the Toll Free number in emergencies
You can also download the ICAS on the Go App (Download from Playstore/ AppStore)
The Code for accessing the App is SBV001
ICAS has a number of brochures available:
ICAS Services: Financial advice during COVID-19
As South Africa is battling with the impact of COVID-19 on the economy, many consumers have been left with the inability to earn an income and people are seeing their livelihoods impacted by the pandemic. SBV has partnered with service providers such as ICAS, to assist you and those living under your roof with financial advice and planning should it be required.
ICAS Financial Service (South Africa only)
- The Financial service is outsourced and staffed by financial advisors
- Financial services are available from 8.00am – 5.00pm; Monday – Friday
- Tax law is covered by the financial service
- The financial service offers advice on: Blacklisting; Credit Bureaus; Tax, Estate and Retirement Planning; Challenging Irregularities; Mortgage Bonds and etcetera
- This service also offers budget planners which assist employees to create and normalise their budget
- The financial advisors will also assist with any other financial queries that clients may have that are not listed above
- They will provide psychosocial assistance and offer individual telephonic counselling to family members who require it
Debt Counselling and Advice
DCM offers Debt Counselling and Advice to anyone that may require it. They can be contacted via telephone on 0861 628 628. The DCM website address is www.dcmgroup.co.za.
Bankmed (South Africa)
Phone: 0800 BANKMED (0800 226 5633)
COVID19 Management Process
- In line with Bankmed’s COVID-19 benefit, that is available to all members, Bankmed will provide support based on their disease management processes.
- Bankmed will continue to provide ongoing support to members for both COVID-19 and non COVID-19 related matters.
In terms of COVID-19, Bankmed offers the following:
- Bankmed will cover the cost for a COVID-19 test for members across all plans from the Insured Benefits, provided that the healthcare professional follows the protocol established by the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD).
- Bankmed will cover the cost for the test whether the result is positive or negative, but strictly on condition that the test was considered necessary by the healthcare provider, in consultation with the NICD.
- Bankmed will cover the cost of treatment In-and-Out of hospital if a member is diagnosed as positive for COVID-19 from the Insured Benefit.
- Bankmed will waiver network restrictions for the Covid-19 condition only, so that members can have access to all available hospitals, specialists and General Practitioners during the outbreak.
Bankmed will cover a stay at an Isolation Hotel for (R400 per day)
- Members need to obtain an authorisation number from Bankmed
- Call the hotel to confirm rates and make a booking and quote the authorisation number
- Present the authorisation number on check in and pay the reduced rate directly to the hotel.
Additional COVID-19 information
How can you help your colleagues?
How SBV employees can get help
Medical Aid and Employee Wellness partners
Useful documents and numbers
SBV COVID-19 Process and Protocols
COVID-19 Landing Page